Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Poems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Rick’s Random Ramblings

It is Painful, It is Joyful©

It is painful to see all that is wrong and have no control over such events, but it is joyful to see what is right and know you are part of it and that God and you, together, control what is right.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, It is Painful, It is Joyful©)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Expectations©

Expectations©

Expectations of others provide some of life's most difficult challenges. When we remember that we do for others, without expectation of anything in return, we are not disappointed. It is then a blessing and joy, when others do for us. People both disappoint and bless us... God is the only source of consistent blessings....

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Expectations©)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Together we are Americans

Remembering all our current Military and Veterans of all eras...rgs

Together we are Americans

My eyes are filled and overflow for my brother. Though from different clans, we are together in spirit and in pride and have shared the sacred banner and uniform of freedom, for those of past, we did and do today for all those who will follow in the future.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Together we are Americans)
Old 01-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Holding on and letting go©

Holding on and letting go©

Holding on and letting go are two of the most strenuous exercises we do in life ... in each case God is the One who knows what we must do and when we must do it...
It is up to us to ask Him what and when...

I cannot blame God for anything untoward in my life or in the lives of others, but I certainly can credit Him for the good in all our lives.

Through this act, makes for a better life.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Holding on and letting go©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Richard G. Shuster

He will provide©

He will provide©

If we look only for blame, we find only blame.

If we search for solutions, He provides them.

The questions are important to ask,

but not for us to continue to ask.

The answers are always where He placed them for us.

Reach out your hands with palms upward, in praise and supplication.

He will provide, as He has promised, He will provide.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, He will provide©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Richard G. Shuster

When I pray for others©

When I pray for others©

When I pray for others I pay special heed to those, who though they may themselves suffer greatly, yet they have and maintain great faith and gratitude and are an inspiration to me and to others. I am always deeply enheartened by those who, in spite of personal pain and fear, are able to remember God's promises and gifts.

For them, I ask God to give something extra.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, When I pray for others©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Richard G. Shuster

More on Miracles©

More on Miracles©

God indeed is behind many miracles we see each day but maybe do not recognize them as such.

Today, I place little or no stake in coincidence, for I have found reason and cause to be connected, often in the hands of God.

He works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform….what a wonderful God we have….

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, More on Miracles©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Promise©

Promise©

I am not one of the biblical 3 wise men, but I noticed they searched for that power greater than self. I suspect they knew something. There is a bright promise in that star they followed. It shines for all of us if we choose to follow it to its source.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Promise©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Many Things Have Changed©

Many Things Have Changed©)

Including myself, many things have changed through the years, my friend, many lessons have been learned, and many lessons remain, I've yet to learn...

I see all around me, the things we once viewed as human character defects and today are commonplace behaviors; greed, power hunger, selfishness, excess and abuse...

Yet, in spite all that is wrong, in my eyes, I see all the gifts God has provided us with and His Word is solid and remains, unchanged and always true.

For this I am ever grateful.

Richard G. Shuster (from Ricks Ramblings, Many Things Have Changed©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Be there for others©

Be there for others©

Be there for others and any sadness and emptiness you may have will go away as you are filled with love, joy and comfort of knowing that others will be there for you. You already know that God is there for you.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Be there for others©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Richard G. Shuster

God Gave Us Each Other©

God Gave Us Each Other©

God gave us each other,
to selflessly be there,
when we need to know,
there is someone who cares.

To share in life's joy and pain,
in life's twists and turns,
and what we give freely,
find, tenfold it returns.....

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, God Gave Us Each Other©)
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Richard G. Shuster

Choices & Responsibility©

Choices & Responsibility©

Choices are a God given gift. We can do only what we have chosen to do...others must decide for themselves, with ultimately the choice made becoming the responsibility of the one making the choice. Responsibility is the more difficult part, for we all must live with our choices long after they have been made....

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, Choices & Responsibility©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Richard G. Shuster

Our Protectors, Our Veterans©

Our Protectors, Our Veterans©

The lives of some known and many not, have touched us. There's little difference than found in any other war, with caskets holding their bodies, now come home they to rest. They were our protectors, it is their duty they have done, and they did their best, and again, lives of some known and many not, have touched us. How many times has the “story of stories” been repeated, by millions of families throughout the ages since first spoken? “He gave His only Begotten Son”, rings on and on. May that sacrifice never be forgotten. Likewise, millions of other sons and daughters have been given, as our Protectors, in their service; to God, to country, to family, to community. They, too, gave up their begotten children, their loved ones, for us, for all of us, to never be forgotten. As was His sacrifice, is theirs, our protectors, for the ever living hope of futures bright, we join in humble gratitude, to honor and to comfort all who need. May our protectors, our veterans, never be forgotten.
In addition to the horrors and ravages of war itself, during each era of our protectors, our veterans, have had to face such issues as we have seen; issues such as radiation, psychedelics, agent orange, chemicals, biological agents and unproven experimental vaccines. It is my belief that it is our ultimate responsibility to do what we can to minimize these types of issues that were unnecessary to have occurred in the first place. We owe our protectors this, too, for all current and future generations. If we do not protect our protectors, our veterans, who indeed, will protect them?
The health and well being issues of our protectors, our veterans of all eras and of the reserves, guards, and active duty military of today are real. This should be our focus, this should be our purpose, this should be our commitment, and this is what we owe to our protectors, our veterans.
If we do not protect our protectors, our veterans, who indeed will protect us?

2006 Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, Our Protectors, Our Veterans©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Richard G. Shuster

For Our Forgotten Veterans©

For Our Forgotten Veterans©

For those who served,
but were not served in return
we thank you
we salute you
we pray for you
we offer our hand to you…
we pledge you will never be forgotten again.

2006 Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, For Our Forgotten Veterans©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Richard G. Shuster

One Veteran’s Pledge©

One Veteran’s Pledge©

When it was my time, I served. My sons served, because I shared with them the value and meaning of serving. I wear the badge of doing the right thing, but also the pain of sending my sons into harms way. Today I can justify that it still is right, but am troubled over the pain my son has and the pain of so many other sons and daughters and the pain of their loved ones, who, like myself, sent them off to war. So, today, I proudly serve our Veterans in the best ways I can. I am an activist for Veterans issues, I honor our standing military and I help with health and well being issues of our Veterans of all Era’s and for the active duty military of today. This is the focus, this is our purpose, this is what we owe to our Veterans.

2006 Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, One Veteran’s Pledge©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Richard G. Shuster

A Sailor's Uniform©

A Sailor's Uniform©

It seems a long time since this once young sailor wore that uniform,
but my pride in what it stands for is as new as today?

2006 Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, A Sailor's Uniform©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Richard G. Shuster

VETERANS DAY, 2006, Reno, NV

VETERANS DAY, 2006, Reno, NV

Threatening skies, wind and cool, rain came and so did the snow,
all restrained, all listened, all sang, all prayed, all gave God praise,
all thanked our Veterans, past, current, and future...

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, Veterans Day, 2006)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Richard G. Shuster

We Get To Keep©

We Get To Keep©

We get to keep

not what we take,

but what we give.

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, We Get To Keep©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Richard G. Shuster

I need to remember Hope and Laughter and Hope©

I need to remember Hope and Laughter and Hope©

I also have to remember there is little original in this life to be claimed, even then, origination is a gift from God, and on loan to us.

Another thing I need remember is about opinions; it's OK to have opinions, but not to have opinions about other folks opinions.

And most importantly I need to remember we must take time for some silliness, for humor is required in life.

And of course, I need to remember Hope and Laughter and Hope

"Where there is Hope, there is laughter, Where there is laughter, there is Hope"

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick's Random Ramblings, I need to remember Hope and Laughter and Hope©)
Old 01-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Richard G. Shuster

The Soul©

The Soul©

I have looked into the dulled eyes of imbeciles, morons and those with downs and have seen recognizable signs of a kindly soul and spirit, conversely, I have looked into the eyes of men of sparkling brilliance and found no signs of a soul or kindly spirit. I think we all have a soul, some just hide it better than others..... The soul, I think, is a transparency of our Creator's image, issued to each of us, the transparency contains all the ingredients to provide us with what we spiritually require, leaving it up to us to identify and use those ingredients in such a way, as to develop the individual's finished soul product....

Richard G. Shuster (from Rick’s Random Ramblings, The Soul©)