Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prayer Requests Request a special prayer for anyone in need

Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Pastorsteve70x7 is on a distinguished road
Cross Glow Sm Clr Travel Mercies and Family

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am leaving Waco, TX Thursday morning and traveling to the VA Hospital in Augusta, GA. The Lord has been trying to heal me for forty years, I just caught up with the program. I never have been accused of being too bright. I will be driving and camping along the way. I plan this to be a five day trip with a stop at Fort Benning to visit my son Billy, 1st Cav, 3 tours in Iraq, and I don't want him waiting forty years!

FYI I will be joining PMM as soon as I get the application, saved at 28, been a Pastor 30+ yrs and just realized, I never forgave myself. Working on that and about 100 other issues of pride. You understand. I'll be in Augusta 2 to 4 months.

Please pray for my wife, Judy. We have never been separated for more than a few days. Maybe she will enjoy the break, but I kind of think she might miss me. I know I'll miss her.

BTW, my name is Steve Kreins (Nam 66-68) and I am so thankful for all of you!

Blessings,
Steve
Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard here Steve.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:24 PM

Sitting outside of Sheveport, LA

Thanks Dan!
I got away late today. Had a hard time saying goodbye to my wife. Now it's 2350 and I'm sitting in a rest stop just outside of Shreveport, LA, trying to convince myself that I need to continue this trip. I know the Lord is with me, but I have this overwhelming feeling of "aloneness."

Thanks for your prayers, I'm going to try to make up a few more miles and stop in Monroe, LA and crawl into the back of my pickup and try to sleep.

Thanks for the welcome, I feel a little less alone.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road
Welcome Steve, get some rest, more of us around than you may know of.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:23 PM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road
WELCOME HOME, Bro! And, welcome to PMIM. I am a firm believer that God can use all sorts of humans and human organizations, even the VA, to help us grow toward Him. For me, the key is to take what I am learning as a research candidate in a VA Cognitive Processing Theory PTSD study, prayerfully filter it through God's Word, and let the Holy Spirit help repair my faulty wiring.

May your trip be fruitful and healing.

Don Dodson
Point Man International Ministries, La Mesa Outpost
Donald.Dodson@att.net
Old 05-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Thanks Brother Don

I made it here safely and God poured His Grace out on me all the way and hasn't stopped.

The question some might have about "getting help from the VA", and especially as a Christian, is a valid question. I can only speak about what God has been doing in me and through me. I've been here 5 days and I've seen 3 people saved! I've prayed with at least 50 men. Shared the Gospel (in a stealthy way, so as not to let on that I am a Pastor) with maybe 15 so far.

I'm interested first in "What this time will do for my Lord", secondarily, I am ready to be set free from a big case of unresolved GUILT! I have no doubt that this healing is well under way and I haven't even started the program yet. God is healing me day by day as I allow Him to love these wonderful Brothers and Sisters (In arms) through me. You can pray that I become less so that He can become more! And that I can daily not just believe, but live Gal. 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Thank you for your prayers and I look forward to becoming a part of PMM.

Blessings,
Steve Kreins