Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Photo Shop
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Shop Stop in and visit, along with others that have posted pictures for all to enjoy.

Old 01-13-2004, 01:12 PM
kmwmom

Cross Glow Lg Clr 2 mars

AJ suggested that I should post this picture to share with everyone... I was trying to take pictures of Mars when it was at it's closest to earth last summer. I was using digital binoculars to take the pictures. It was also a full moon that night, so I wasn't seeing any stars, just the moon and Mars.
What I got amazed me. Mars was just to the left of Orion. I never expected to get stars in colors. Mars looks red and yellow on this picture - almost centered.
Sometimes it's that things that you don't see, that turn out to mean the most everyday.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:32 PM
cj

MARS

Just wanted to say that this is a very unique photo. We have been thinking of getting a binocular-digital cam. since before Thanksgiving. I do believe we will be doing that soon.

I have a good powerful refracting telescope, brand name, Gallileo. I definitely put it to use and got some good looks at Mars. As well as the jaggedness of some of the mountains on the moon. That's best done when the moon is slightly in shadow like the eclipse recently and following the edges.

I've also had some good looks at the belt of Orion's Nebula, into the Milky Way and so on.

Just thought I'd touch base. I really like your photo. Did you get any of Hale-Bopp? That was really interesting.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:43 AM
kmwmom

Hi Cj - I've been having a lot of fun with my binoculars. I was trying to take shots of the full moon too that night, but the moon was WAY too bright and mostly all I got was streaks of color. Next summer I plan on trying to 'catch' a few other constilations.
The binoculars are great - the only drawback so far has been that they eat batteries. Even when the camera part is off. But the digital memory holds 300 pics, and downloading them to the computer is easy. But the pics hold as long as you don't take out the batteries before downloading and they're good for about 1 1/2 weeks, so it's not too bad. Bushnell makes the ones I have.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:54 AM
cj

Me again

Yes, this coming summer by learning from some of my mistakes with the t-scope, I plan on checking out Saturn etc. Also looking for and at more Nebulas and Orion closer. Orion has a lot to examine. There are good star gazing sites on the net. Sky Maps will send you monthly sky charts as to where stuff is into your email so you can download and print them. They are fussy about it and you can only print each one once but they are good and they are free. You must have Adobe Reader.

I hope to have the binoculars by then too. Not only do I want to use them for the heavens but we have many animals and a lot of Eagles, Hawks and other Birds of Prey I want to catch in flight. Watching them, Eagles and Ravens do it too, fly upside down in their mating rituals, and the dives and circles and free falls is fascinating. Not to mention deer, Bear and the like. Hope to catch photos of wolves also. There are a couple of large packs near here, Their territorial line is about 3 miles away in Ottawa National Forest. Heard one howling two nights ago.

Anyway...nice talking to ya. Take care, good photo shooting and Gogod Bless You. cj