Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2005, 08:10 PM
ReconSGT_OIF

Memory Problems?

Anyone else out here having trouble with PTSD and memory issues? at a recent psychologist appointment it was noticed that my short-term memory is somewhat shot. But Im also having other issues with long term memories and some things that didnt exactly happen but I remember them clearly... I had thought that my high school principal had been killed by a drive by shooting, but recently I learned that was a false memory... People from church that I thought were dead are still there and suprisingly still alive. But the really disturbing memory distortion is when I remember doing something that I was supposed to do, but i didnt really do it. I remember things happening so vividly that i can remember painstaking details... but many times it never happened and I am caught short. I dont know which things in my mind I can trust and which things I should forget anymore. Im just looking to see if anyone else here has had similar issues. Am I alone?