Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2005, 08:30 AM
silentwarrior

Cold steel usmc vet-desert storm

Hello, I am new to the forum. I personally have had the wound from desert storm opened for me. The recent war helped awaken the sleeping bear. To the recon oif vet, I have had the ghosts come over the past 6 months. Mu plt took care of some business up close and personal when we cleared bunkers and buildings. We were the tip of the spaer for 2nd marine division during the storm. I was in the valley many times during that seige. I look at 3 things that brought me home back then. My training, my fellow marine and God himself. Praying has helped me come out of the valley. I am troubled at times by the heavy price being paid in Iraq now. Life is indeed sacred.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:04 PM
ReconSGT_OIF

Re: Cold steel usmc vet-desert storm

Yes, life is very sacred, silentwarrior. Welcome to the forum. I would attribute God to bringing me home fore than anything. I prayed Psalm 91 every day over there, and so did my family back here. Yes, many bad things happened over there in the sandbox, but amazingly all of us from my unit came home alive! Looking back on it, there is no possible explaination for us surviving the things that we did without even a scratch except that His angels had charge over us in spite of the hostile territory. I welcome you to the forum and hope to see your posts often. Have a merry Christmas.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:25 PM
snowyowl

Cold steel welcome aboard! Yeah, what hit alot of Nam vets is now hitting you guys.
Hope all is going well now. Take one day at a time.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:53 PM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road
Welcome Silent Warrior

Welcome to Point Man Chat! We are honored by your contributions here. It is truly a caring virtual community. WELCOME HOME!

Don "Oboeman" Dodson
Vietnam 1969-1970
Old 12-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Stickthrower

Welcome aboard Silentwarrior! I am usually on the site everynight at about 2100 hrs PST. I may not make entries daily, but I always check the site to make sure no brother is hurting and needs someone to talk with as well as see what is new.

WELCOME HOME!!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:16 AM
silentwarrior

Thank you stickthrower and other brothers. I don't what I would do without God coming to me in my time of need. Pray for me and I am glad to be on board. My wife has been truly by my side during this personal war. I could not have done it without her. The nightmares have lessened as I am working on the forgiveness of myself. The creator has revealed some powerful things to me. God bless.