Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD > Spirituality Issues and PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spirituality Issues and PTSD This is a Forum to discuss spirituality issues and their relationship to PTSD and everyday life

Old 04-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Pointman69

Re: I need some guidance...

ReconSGT - So glad to hear your perspective is changing. That's one of the main things God is doing in us. When we start seeing things from the view of His spirit, we open ourselves up for the bessings He has waiting for us. Without that change in attitude, we are not ready for some blessings, but He loves us anyway and will wait until we are.

I have to watch out for taking on too much at one time. After 30 years of isolating, I step back every once in awhile and my mind says, "What are you doing? You've taken so many risks, some of them are bound to come back and bring you hurt!" Then fear sets in and I isolate to protect myself again. But He is longsuffering. He waits with me until I can bring myself to trust Him in all things again. He is truely awsome!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
DevildocBook

Well Guys, I had a relaps and I am back into heavy treatment. The Navy has stepped up big time to help, but it doesn't change how I feel inside. I am currently an instructor for combat medicine (FMF Corpsmen) I have learned that over the last three years I have been re-living my injury or what ever it's called.I have heard all sorts of terms for it. I also have learned that I haven't forgiven myself for a lot of things. That's why I haven't been doing so well. I was also dumb eneough to think that after 3 years of not being in combat that I could watch a documentary on the military channel about a specific battle I was in. I had no idea that the battle was the story I was just watching the "Fight for Fallujah", and it just so happened to be about the battle that broke me. Not only did I watch it. I watched it 3 times. WOW! How dumb is that. Anyway I am just checking in. I haven't been here in a while and felt that I needed to stop by. Thanks again for listening.

Shannon
Old 06-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevildocBook View Post
Well Guys, I had a relaps and I am back into heavy treatment. The Navy has stepped up big time to help, but it doesn't change how I feel inside. I am currently an instructor for combat medicine (FMF Corpsmen) I have learned that over the last three years I have been re-living my injury or what ever it's called.I have heard all sorts of terms for it. I also have learned that I haven't forgiven myself for a lot of things. That's why I haven't been doing so well. I was also dumb eneough to think that after 3 years of not being in combat that I could watch a documentary on the military channel about a specific battle I was in. I had no idea that the battle was the story I was just watching the "Fight for Fallujah", and it just so happened to be about the battle that broke me. Not only did I watch it. I watched it 3 times. WOW! How dumb is that. Anyway I am just checking in. I haven't been here in a while and felt that I needed to stop by. Thanks again for listening.

Shannon
Shannon,
Send me a private e-mail or I will send you one. I have some stuff I can send to you.
my e-mail is danausmc@earthlink.net or Dana@PMIM.org
either way it will get to me.

also ....you can call our hotline anytime at 800-877-8387

There is some resource information at the www.pmim.org website too.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Richard G. Shuster

Hello Shannon,

Please check-out the following website, V.V.A. approved and discusses PTSD and other important issues in some depth and detail.

www.veteranshealthdigest.org

Our local V.V.A. Chapter has worked closely with the University of Nevada Reno providing several PTSD panel sessions for Psyc/Soc professionals. It is good for the clinicians and has proven to be good for us as Veterans, too.

If you wish to chat outside this site, please email to rgsjesshuster@att.net

Rick

Vietnam Era Vet (Corpsman)
Father of 3 Gulf War Era Vets (one a 100% disabled Corpsman)
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM
chapmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevildocBook View Post

Shannon

Shannon, There a ton of Retreats being conducted all over the Nation with your peers. I have attended 11 of them on the West Coast. Call and I will try to find you one in your area. I the meantime, keep checking in with us here. You have friends in High Places here. Mic 520-795-2223
Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 AM
chapmic

Disappointed Just Checkin' In To Base Camp

Good day men. Seems like our PTSD thread went on sabatical. Just a reminder that the members of Pointman across the nation, have, in their hearts and minds, a ton of knowledge and tools for coping with PTSD. Please do not be afraid to ask. The power of the Holy Spirit coupled with the fund of experience of this group is transformative. Mic/PTSD Counselor/ Mentor: Merritt Retreat Center/
Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road

Mic: Echo, echo, echo .... I must admit that I have not checked in lately, between main computer crash, preparation to retire which I did last Thursday!, and my Mom-In-Law in hospital. This is a very valuable place for all of us to check in and share our hurts and healings. As has been pointed out, we are still human beings with all of the residue left from our various experiences, but we have the Great Physician on our team to come along side and help us with our healing process. Praise God for He is Faithful and Good. Don "Oboeman" Dodson, PMIM La Mesa (Vietnam 1969-1970)
Old 04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
chapmic

QUOTE=Don Dodson;14438]Mic: Echo, echo, echo .... I must admit that I have not checked in lately, between main computer crash, preparation to retire which I did last Thursday!, and my Mom-In-Law in hospital. This is a very valuable place for all of us to check in and share our hurts and healings. As has been pointed out, we are still human beings with all of the residue left from our various experiences, but we have the Great Physician on our team to come along side and help us with our healing process. Praise God for He is Faithful and Good. Don "Oboeman" Dodson, PMIM La Mesa (Vietnam 1969-1970)[/QUOTE]

Nice to know that we are all out here in cyberspace doggin' down the Holy Spirit. Mike
Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
fgtone

I'm checking in after a long absence myself. Did you get some direction in regard to your post? If not, I would be happy to dialogue with you. My email is frank@hopecoming.com.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
chapmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgtone View Post
I'm checking in after a long absence myself. Did you get some direction in regard to your post? If not, I would be happy to dialogue with you. My email is frank@hopecoming.com.

No, I have not heard from a single soul. Are we all healed and content? Oh por mi Dios should that be true. Yeah sure, lets chat. Mic
Old 06-20-2009, 12:16 AM
chapmic

Are all of our Outposts gearing up for the near 80.000 troops that will be rotating in the next 20 months? Most cities now have Governors Roundtables for Faith Based Organizations. Check with your State Governments to see if you can participate. They are really good about Outreach.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Louonamac

New here myself but certainly identify.

A journalist friend spent about nine years trying to convince me to write a biography or have it written, finally giving in a couple of years ago as PTSD as it relates to vets has been close to the heart and believing that my life is all I have to give away.

I was one of those who were 'off the charts', finding that much of what we face is spiritual warfare which I was not equipped for and why I lost that battle for the mind, having been equated with the "Legion" of Mark 5 and Luke 8 and something that had to be documented.

Will just offer some links to the biography (no need to pay for a fancy book cover) but can say that I was also 40 years in the wilderness after Vietnam and considered beyond helping when things went all the way to total insanity and beyond.
Many things I did not know how to write about that required a lot of help, but hope the effort will help some in seeing a guy who was perhaps worse off than most and brought back by God's grace and mercy, finding that it really began in laying myself at the feet of Jesus with no conditions at all, just giving all I had which is enough, all we have is enough to give to God.

http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Maniac-Lo...owViewpoints=1

http://www.4shared.com/file/17988302..._Stress-1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/17972691..._Maniac_1.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/17988483...lygraph-1.html

Always available.

Lou Talley
Vietnam '66-'67
Give hugs, take naps