Old 04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
charlie wardog

Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

Call me with questions.
Matt
740-522-6724
Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Stickthrower

13 Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

Wonderful,
Kind of makes you think someone with brass on their collar finally woke up and smelled the coffee!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
snowyowl

Well folks, I might just have a job tomorrow. I do a ride-along with a medical patient transport service. Sort of a scaled down version of what I did in the Air Force Reserve. See how it goes though I believe I'm up to it.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Stickthrower

Banghead Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

SNOWYOWL,

GREAT NEWS-KEEP US POSTED1
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road

DITTO!

Don "Oboeman" Dodson
(Vietnam 1969-1970)
Old 05-04-2005, 05:05 PM
snowyowl

Get this guys-I actually have a roughly 8 to 5 job that's Monday thru Friday, Saturdays are optional and overtime. The last job I had like that (Except out in the field) was when I was in the Army.
I worked swings and grave shifts for what 20 some odd years for the phone company in computer mainframes. To me M-F and 8-5 jobs were mythological and didn't exist.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Stickthrower

13 Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

SNOWYOWL, GREAT NEWS!! I KNOW SOMETIMES IT IS HARD, BUT WHEN WE HAVE FAITH IN THE LORD HE WILL TAKE CARE OF US. THE HARDEST PART IS THAT HIS SCEDULE AND OURS ARE SOMETIMES DIFFERENT & WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL HE IS READY.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Victory

Cart127 Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

I couldn't get a job for over 2 years and I had a Masters Degree in Education and had taught for 10 years.

Sang the blues and fiddled a few tunes....
then I got my disability and now
life resumes.......With Jesus of course!!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory
I couldn't get a job for over 2 years and I had a Masters Degree in Education and had taught for 10 years.

Sang the blues and fiddled a few tunes....
then I got my disability and now
life resumes.......With Jesus of course!!

Victory, welcome to the site. Jump in anywhere you like. Dont worry if it takes a while to get a response. This is a message board and sometimes folks only look at it once a day and are on here at all different hours of the day or night.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Victory

Banana Re: Has PTSD dinged you out of a Job?

Dana:
Thanks for the welcome. Are you the same Dana who is the PMIM Board President?

Vic
Old 05-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory
Dana:
Thanks for the welcome. Are you the same Dana who is the PMIM Board President?

Vic
Yes, that would be me. I posted this earlier but I dont see the first one.
D
Old 05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Victory

Hello Dana...pleased to meet you. You will be hearing about me soon. My "homie" is the representative for my state (New Mexico) and he will be contacting you about sending me the paperwork to open a new chapter here in the northern part of the state. There are about 20 vets who served in Vietnam from my little hometown of about 100 population. We are having a "Stand Down" on June 4th here in northern NM. I will probably be talking to you soon about more info on this ministry.

Victor
Old 05-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Victory

Want to hear about a slap in the face against Vietnam vets? I was not hired or passed up when I applied for a job at a local college...and I have a Masters Degree and have been a teacher for 10 years...yet a Ameri-Asian (South Vietnamese) without any degree nor any teaching credentials was hired. Really ironic isn't it?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:59 AM
snowyowl

Hi Everyone, I've been busy working and haven't had time even to be online. My hours are usually 0800 to 1700-2000. Though I get weekends off Housework, etc waits until the weekend oh well.
I got another month of job probation and then I'm regular
Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road

Snowyowl:

Thanks for the sitrep. You will always be a "regular" with God and with us, but it is good to hear you have a "port in the storm." Keep up the good work, but we do miss you here at the website.

Don "Oboeman" Dodson
Old 07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Stickthrower

Snowyowl,

Great to hear things are going great for you!!!!!! Just keep the faith brother.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Stickthrower

Well,
Things have not been going to well here lately. The Lord is supportive, howver the rest of the world is not. But we have all been there, done that! Due to financial constraints I am still looking for work. I have applied for disability thru the VA, but you know the time frame they work on. I'm afraid to go to work where they use my SSN # so I don't screw up my disability request through the VA. Kind of a catch 22.

I am a good finnish/trim carpenter, but since my leaving the Sheriff's Office, no one seems to need help, oh well I have been there & done that. Every where I go the doors seem to close as soon as I come in, but you know what, I don't care! The Lord will support me, I just need to open my eyes and look where he is directing me.

Please send prayers that will help me return to any kind of work and that my house sells soon!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickthrower
Well,
Things have not been going to well here lately. The Lord is supportive, howver the rest of the world is not. But we have all been there, done that! Due to financial constraints I am still looking for work. I have applied for disability thru the VA, but you know the time frame they work on. I'm afraid to go to work where they use my SSN # so I don't screw up my disability request through the VA. Kind of a catch 22.

I am a good finnish/trim carpenter, but since my leaving the Sheriff's Office, no one seems to need help, oh well I have been there & done that. Every where I go the doors seem to close as soon as I come in, but you know what, I don't care! The Lord will support me, I just need to open my eyes and look where he is directing me.

Please send prayers that will help me return to any kind of work and that my house sells soon!
The other thing to consider is this....when you were or have had employment, you are probably underemployed because of your PTSD. need to consider that too. If you were not afflicted...would you have a better job or been in some supervisory role by now in your previous one? That is a consideration that needs to be addressed by your VA counsellors too.

I am praying right now for a job, an income and a favorable end to this nightmare. Besides you need to head for Texas before the snow flies.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:28 AM
snowyowl

Hi Everyone,
It's been awhile, I know.
Stickthrower here are some hometraining ideas: Virtual Assistant, Medical Transcription, and there maybe something in the Legal profession as well. Point is you can train at home AND work from home. Clients don't need to be located near where you live, heck, there are Medical Transcriptionists in India doing work for Doctors here in America. Could even be a doctor in your area that's sending that work day to day to India and getting it back in timely fashion.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Stickthrower

Dana,
No doubt about my PTSD having restricted my ability to get promoted, etc at my last job. I was passed over in order to promote people with less experience and training. I have finally made piece with myself over not being able to return to Law Enforcement.

Now I just need to find work to help support my family until we can move to a place where I can get hired for something other than flipping burgers.

The hardest part is controlling my anxiety attacks/fears, etc and get back to work. Here everyone knows me and/or heard rumors etc. No such thing as a fresh start here. That's why I want to move ASAP.

I definately want to go before the snow flies, however I don't think that will happen as it is snowing as I type this. Oh well, the Lord has something planned and I just need to open my eyes to His plan.