Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Re: Death - Resurrection - Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinemomDeb
Sgt. Duffy....

My heart holds too many words......and none would be adequate enough to express all that you mean to me. You have been a blessing and a joy. I consider it an honor to " have met up with you" here online. Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb
MarineMomDeb - Your above post has been in my mind since you first posted it.... when I last left the hospital and physical therapy. When I turn on my computer to go to the Marine Site "The Select Few" I first click on Point Man and go to your post..... because it gives me strength.

I'm the Chaplain at the Select Few and all of the Marines there know that I spend little time with messing around.... my time is too valuable to me for that luxury. So if you have a moment, there are a few words I would like to share with you.

When I died in the hospital - I did not just die once - but in the course of my four months in the hospital - two of which was in a coma - I died three times. I was clinically dead. No big deal really, I didn't feel a thing. But... I did see things and go somewhere. We've all read stories of "near death experiences" and like most people, I too, just brushed them off.

But in this case..... it was me ...!!!!! And in spite of the drugs the hospital gives people in trauma surgery that makes them forget it all.....I remember it all..... not the surgery..... not seeing my daughter and ex-wife.... nothing about the hospital at all. Period!

The story of what I saw in the journey to the other side would fill volumes one and two of Encyclopedia Britannica. I won't bore you with that.

My point is this. I have carried with me in a lifetime, the burden of Southeast Asia that I have never been able to let go of. Never. And as Dana, and I have mentioned from time to time.... a rusty key keeps trying to turn in a locked door. Well, Deb..... sometimes.... it's best to leave them locked!

From what I saw... on the other side ... it matters naught if you are Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Buddhist, or even if you are of no organized religion at all. What matters.... and the only thing that matters.. is what you contain within your own heart. What you believe yourself...... and have proven to be so! It is not the name of the T-Shirt you are wearing that counts.... it's the power of your own beliefs in the team that counts!

I am Irish. I seek entry into the Celtic Heaven called Valhalla. That Heaven is probably exactly the same as the Heaven that each of us can reach through the Gods that we choose to believe in. Please remember, that we were supposedly placed here on Earth to make a decision. In our personal actions, with and towards, others..... we make that decision individually!

"Thou shalt not kill!" The Ten Commandments.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Deb - I have been told by my superiors in the Dioces that the Lord has forgiven me for my sins. Perhaps he has. But those were not the words I heard "on the other side". I was sent back..... there is more to do... and you... are helping me to do just that!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Shawn Powell

No Duff--

The human heart above all else is deceitful... it (we) contain no good thing... we need Jesus, Marine. Nothing but the saving grace of Jesus... we are appointed once to die, the Bible says, and then the resurrection. But to where will this resurrection be? Face-to-face with your Creator? In Heaven for all eternity? Hearing "Well done, good and faithful servant... enter now into the joy of your Lord...." or "Depart from me... I never knew you."

Duff, I wanna see you in Heaven. You and I cannot get there without the Lord Jesus... God paid a price for us in blood, Marine... only through His sacrifice can we spend eternity with HIm if we ask for the forgiveness of our sins... if we repent and turn from our wicked ways. HE is Semper Fidelis, Sgt Duffy... HE has a place reserved for you specifically, HE knows the number of hairs on your head, HE knew you before the beginning of time, HE saw you when you were conceived in your mother's womb. When Jesus said, "It is Finished." Bloodied and beaten and nailed on that cross with the sins of the world on His back, HE saw YOU and ME, Duff. He rescued us because we are His... understand that it is only Jesus that can get us to the Father, my friend. Anything else is a lie straight from the pits of hell. There is an enemy, Duffy. He wants to steal, kill and destroy... US. Jesus and only Jesus can rescue us... He is the "immediate exfil" we need.

In His Love, Shawn.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:43 AM
MarinemomDeb

Sgt. Duffy...
Thank you.... If I helped in any small way...wonderful. I continue to pray for you and hope some peace and rest will come your way. You are a very special person, believe me you are. Shawn has said it better than I could have...please hear what he is saying. Not only our heart, but our minds are deceitful...there is an enemy Sgt. Duffy and his favorite way to "steal, kill and destroy" us in our life is our mind. We all need Jesus .....

Quote:
"Duff, I wanna see you in Heaven. You and I cannot get there without the Lord Jesus... God paid a price for us in blood, Marine... only through His sacrifice can we spend eternity with HIm if we ask for the forgiveness of our sins... if we repent and turn from our wicked ways. HE is Semper Fidelis, Sgt Duffy... HE has a place reserved for you specifically, HE knows the number of hairs on your head, HE knew you before the beginning of time, HE saw you when you were conceived in your mother's womb. When Jesus said, "It is Finished." Bloodied and beaten and nailed on that cross with the sins of the world on His back, HE saw YOU and ME, Duff. He rescued us because we are His... understand that it is only Jesus that can get us to the Father, my friend. Anything else is a lie straight from the pits of hell. There is an enemy, Duffy. He wants to steal, kill and destroy... US. Jesus and only Jesus can rescue us... He is the "immediate exfil" we need"

Jesus, what a Beautiful Name
Son of God, Son of Man, Lamb that was slain
Joy and peace, Strength and Hope
Grace that blows all fear away,
Jesus, what a Beautiful Name.....

It's a song....two more verses....and one of my favorites. Indeed....Jesus, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME!

I am here, I am listening and praying.....but please know that Shawn has told you more truth.....and indeed it is the truth that sets us free! I am always your friend.....your friend who also wants to see you in heaven....

May God Bless you and keep you....

Deb
Old 08-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Why does it matter? What price do I pay? Who really cares? I can not change it! Oh, yes.... if I would if I could. But I can't. So I will not. On my left bicept.... I have the teethmarks of my enemy. I have a steel ankle as the result of my enemy. I have false teeth as a result of the rifle butt of my enemy. I stood at attention and watched..... mayhem. I taught men and women how to survive.... and fight in those jungles! When I walk down the Vietnam Veterans Wall.....I check every name. Was he one of mine? Did I teach him how to surivive? Do I remember that name? Was she the one that I overlooked.... because she was a woman... and didn't belong in a man's war? How many did I neglect? How many do I not remember? How many screams have I heard of those tortured.... how many died as a result of my training.... or failure to do so? They are with me now. All of them. They have been with me since..... well .... since I first felt the pain of that first attack. Since he came over my embankment. Since his thrust of the bayonet was wrong. Since I disarmed him. Since he landed on top of me. Since we wrestled, like in High School. Until his teeth bit into my arm and I new.... that is was real. I spoke. I screamed. Go home. Don't do this. You get the..... out of here and so will I. He didn't understand English. I was barely able to move myself enough to get the K-Bar. I felt it against his throat.....please stop.....please stop. He didn't. I am here. He is not.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:38 AM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

......and this looks like the correct spot to jump in. My last post was about 9 a.m the 17th (a week ago last Tuesday). I was working on the computer when the door bell rang. It was Darla, head of my homecare service here to discuss matters of my previous nurse Bobbie. I sat back down in my wheelchair and she sat across from me talking for about 8 minutes. She said she thought I had dropped my cigarette on the floor because I bent over in my wheelchair and reached for the floor. I kept going. She said I had a pulse, but that I was not breathing. She applied mouth to mouth resuscitation and called an ambulance. Police and ambulance arrived. She advised them that I had a living will and an Emergency Service Do Not Rescitate. The police searched my wallet and desk papers. None could be found. The EMS still having a pulse were forced to administer "life saving' steps and I was rushed to the hospital and directly to the Intensive Care Unit. I was on life support for the next four days until they finally confirmed via my brother in Idaho and my daughter in Canada and found the documentation from the Hospice confirming the Living Will and DNR. My daughter was called and my brother. Both confirmed the information and ordered that the Life Support be removed. I was restrained on the table and the Dr. gave the order to remove life support. The ventilator was shut off. I immediately exploded into a frenzy that turned both of my arms blue from my bicepts to my wrists and from my calves to my ankles. I jerked and struggled so hard that it took five people to restrain me. They slapped an oxygen mask on my face and lapsed in an out for 20 minutes. First struggling for life then passing out. I kept hearing screaming words asking me where I was. I said I was home.... I was home. They said no... you're in the hospital! Breathe damnit .... breathe! The physical exertion from fighting the restraints tore loose more muscle in my hernia. I passed out. I woke up the following afternoon still restrained in an ICU hospital bed. During the night and while heavily sedated they did another CAT Scan. There has been further damage to my heart. The tearing of muscle and intestines in my chest cavity actually pulled things loose in a positive manner. Where once the intestines were jammed so tightly together the pulled muscles had actually left room for them to un-knot. The heart received further damage but the chest cavity was freed up enough by the seperation of muscle to allow greater activity in my bowels and intestinal track. I remained in intensive care for the next 3 days being pumped full of anything they could pump through the Iv's. I was released at noon today and sent home with Darla my Nurse after a bitter battle with the medical team that wanted to move me directly to a Nursing Home. There will be no operation! Ever. The situation is perilous. I must now see my medical team twice weekly and am being assigned an additional nurse to attend to me 7 days a week. All medications and medical checks must be done twice daily. What made the difference on my survival this time? Four months of intensive physical therapy! It saved my life. My physical therapy will continue here at home until.... well .... until whenever. But there will be no Wolf Country.... no activities that are not monitored by at least one of my two nurses - who must report on my physical condition every 48 hours. My apartment is now a hospital with a Monster Masher Gym that I will eat - sleep - and survive in as long as possible. I will be under constant care. If I fail to co-operate, they now have it within the powers of the Court to forceable remove me from my home and place me within the confines of a nursing home...."for my own well being". My vision has been adversally affected.... my central nervous system is a jangled mess of twitches and pain. I may regain some of these things with my continued physical therapy... with all of the pharmacuticals.... with constant assistance from the medical team .... but the pace is going to have to be slower, far more regimented and closely monitored.

Last week - Monday or Tuesday - I advised you that I had "insider trader information" concerning my condition. That information was accurate. In the last 18 months I have died four times now.... and been thrown from one horse. I guess it's time to retire. I still stand on my opinion of Dana as a recommended replacement for me..... which is why I jumped in here at this spot of Scuba's post.... because I believe he is the right man for the Select Few Chaplain.... and I believe in - and support him 100%.

In conclusion to the above.... the MRI indicates that I probably have experienced as least some neurological damage this time and I am presently receiving pharmacuticals to keep me on an even-keel. All in all - if I maintain the pharmacutical regimine necessary to float from one day to the next - I will not be able to be sufficiently dependable to handle this position as Chaplain with the intensity that I believe it deserves. I have to accept the reality of my own instability.

"May the Lord guide you all safely home, Marines".

Padre Duffy, SFO
Order: St. Margaret of Cortona
Order: St Francis of Assisi - Hermit in Community
Old 09-27-2004, 02:13 AM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Grim memories.......

...... that fog the mind and sadden the heart give cause to the alarm of not dealing with both the sadness that is brought on by the memories and the emptiness left in the soul when the memories are finally dealt with. It is up to me to rid myself of these memories.... and it is up to the Lord to fill the vacuum with gentleness and forgiveness. Both shall be done.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:21 PM
dallee

Sgt. Duffy, you have been an inspiration to me. It has been a pleasure reading your posts here. I pray that your paths be made smooth and your heart be filled with love. You have been used by God during your time spent here with us. I am glad you were willing to be.

Dale
Old 09-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Trooper

Duffy

"it is up to the Lord to fill the vacuum with gentleness and forgiveness. Both shall be done."

Amen!

We Have a good God!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Dean Black

Dog Re: Death - Resurrection - Quest

Sgt Duffy, I was told about that Terminal we dicussed last November on October 6th. I had to clamp my teeth together to keep from laughing. The first thought that ran through my mind was the Doctor doesn't know my Father because if he did he wouldn't be so serious. I had to let it slide because he is from India and I know that one of the Religions practiced there is worshiping cattle.I might have said holy cow when they brought my steak out at the Steakhouse Any God you can slice up and throw on the Grill, in my eyes isn't very effective. Now our God is taller than the Universe, is wider than East is from West, He's All Powerful, Ever Present, and All Knowing. He will let me know when it's time to go to the big assembley area in the sky.
I pray for you Sgt Duffy, so be patient we won't be late. I love you Brother. My computer crashed and I have been down for almost three weeks, hopefully I will be able to stay online now.
Dean
Old 10-27-2004, 05:16 PM
snowyowl

Sgt Duffy,
I'll be praying for you during this difficult time.
I enjoy reading your posts.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Once my leaders led me there.....
Unfortunataly..... they never led me back.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

In spite of the laws of internal medicine..... I am still here. However, I am in need.

As of January 6th of this year, the doctors and medical team say there is "no way out for me"....... no you are wrong.... it is not carrying or pity or understanding that I seek from "one" of you;one of you knows the power behind my request..... perhaps more ...... and others might understand the meaning of my request..... but "one" of you are waiting for this message. It is you who must carry on this forum. It is you that I am trying to reach

I need to say no more. "You already know the answer... and you already know who you are".

This message is for you.

Padre Duffy, SFO
Old 01-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Chuck has disabled reputation
Disappointed Re: Death - Resurrection - Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Duffy-USMC
Once my leaders led me there.....
Unfortunataly..... they never led me back.
Duffy... I do not come here much. But when I received notice of the post made after this I came as you knew I would.

I feel that it was not God that has given you the extra time you are spending here.. but our maker. Again you know what I am talking about. I sent you power.. I do not know if you received it or not. But I know you did because you are still here.

Semper Fi Marine and Comanche brother
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 PM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road

Duffy, Semper Fi in Christ
Old 02-09-2005, 06:07 PM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road

Duffy has asked me to pass this message on to all that visit here

"Struggles are alot harder than they seem"
Old 02-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road

Our friend Duffy and I had a long talk this evening. He has died once again, and once again been revived.

To what this time?

We have seen many and various posts as Duffy shared his quest that started what seemed so long ago in this forum.

He is not, and will not accept pity or decry what is happening with "woe is me". He is one strong individual but he is getting real tired.

For those of you that have followed the postings,
Duffy wants you to know that he has turned that lock and opend the door and let go.....but a new circumstance has happened.......he now has nothing.....to fill that space.

So the lock is broken open....

Duffys inability to post is due to a need for a new monitor and will be unavailable till next week. I will be talking to him Sunday.....and keep you updated.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Don Dodson is on a distinguished road

Dana:

Any news since February 9? I hadn't read this thread before and just finished it. This is a great example of the wonderful side of the Internet and this website. Truly a blessing.

Don Dodson
Old 04-04-2005, 07:30 AM
snowyowl

He gives competition to the Duracell Bunny for sure.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Reconvic

Cross Glow Sm Clr Re: Death - Resurrection - Quest

Duff has straightened me out with help in the past as all here. Say hi to him for me I hope to be more active now again .
Semper Fi Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danausmc
Our friend Duffy and I had a long talk this evening. He has died once again, and once again been revived.

To what this time?

We have seen many and various posts as Duffy shared his quest that started what seemed so long ago in this forum.

He is not, and will not accept pity or decry what is happening with "woe is me". He is one strong individual but he is getting real tired.

For those of you that have followed the postings,
Duffy wants you to know that he has turned that lock and opend the door and let go.....but a new circumstance has happened.......he now has nothing.....to fill that space.

So the lock is broken open....

Duffys inability to post is due to a need for a new monitor and will be unavailable till next week. I will be talking to him Sunday.....and keep you updated.