Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Chuck has disabled reputation
The correct one

Sgt Duffy..

I think the group should see you as you really are .. and not the photo of another..
Old 01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

DEATH -RESURRECTION-QUEST

The Westphall family finished this shrine - The First in the United States of America - in Honor of his son David - USMC - KIA - VIETNAM. Dr. Westphall spent David's insurance money and everything else he had to begin "The Vietnam Veteran's National Memorial", (type it into your Web search - you will find it.)

Three weeks before these photos were taken Dr. Westphall and I spent the afternoon discussing the "security" of this monument. I volunteered. Three weeks later....

"The sun is my father; the earth is my mother; on her bosom I will repose."

Tucumseh
Shawnee
Old 01-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

DR. WESPHALL - VIETNAM VETERANS NATIONAL MEMORIAL

"My friends, I have been asked to show you my heart. I am glad to have a chance to do so."

Chief Joseph
Nez Perce
Old 01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

WHAT IS LIFE?

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night....
it is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot
Blackfoot - 1877
Old 01-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

WARRIORS

......."My forefathers were warriors. Their son is a warrior. From them I take my existence, from my tribe I take nothing. I am the maker of my own fortune.

TECUMSEH - Shawnee
Old 01-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Blue DANA-FINAL POST

DANA -

YOU HOLD THE KEY THAT WILL UNLOCK A DOOR THAT I WILL DIE TO PREVENT THE OPENINING OF. YOU KNOW THAT! SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW, PERHAPS INTERVENTION FROM.... WHO CARES? IT DOES NOT MATTER. YOU AND I KNOW... THAT IS WHY WE ALLOW NO PERSONAL E-MAILS. THAT IS WHY YOU...AND I... LIVE IN A SEPERATE - PERSONAL WORLD OF ......
Old 01-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road
Re: DANA-FINAL POST

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt. Duffy-USMC
DANA -

YOU HOLD THE KEY THAT WILL UNLOCK A DOOR THAT I WILL DIE TO PREVENT THE OPENINING OF. YOU KNOW THAT! SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW, PERHAPS INTERVENTION FROM.... WHO CARES? IT DOES NOT MATTER. YOU AND I KNOW... THAT IS WHY WE ALLOW NO PERSONAL E-MAILS. THAT IS WHY YOU...AND I... LIVE IN A SEPERATE - PERSONAL WORLD OF ......
Sgt. Duffy,
It has been my honor and privilege to share my thoughts and concerns with you in this forum.
You Sir, also have the same key and you know it. Somehow, somewhere, someday, we will be together and unlock that door together.
I will add something else in the PTSD thread,
but know this....you have had an impact on many lives here and at the FEW.
In the short time and space we have shared together, I for one will remember.
I pray for you daily.
Dana
Old 01-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Blue Dana & AJ

fOR A MOMENT i LOST MY COMPOSITION. i THOUGHT OF YOUR P9SITIIVE THININING. gOT LOST IN IT..... AND DREEANEDD OF THOINGS TO COME... i DREAM OF PLACES WHRE NO MAN CAN ENTER....i DREAM OF A PLACE ON EATH WHERE WARRIORS CAN BE ACCEPTEDD AND SAFE FROJ THJE SCRUTINITY OF THE LES THENA IN FORMEDD PUBLIC. tHERE ae such places. I've been to them. Tjeu are lonely - I used theat term because it fits the melodrama of what is yet to come.

There is a difference between loneleness---- and aloneless ness---The former you miss those close to you - humans - dogs - birds - fishs, etc. The latter you miss nothing! accept the goal that you selfishly employ, and quietly engrose as your singular goal - what ever it might me. Here we go with the "Quest" of Death resurredtion and quest. What iws it? Oh, Dana, it is so simple. just something of a value that forgoes anything of present value in your life. Simple! I want more. Complication? have I got the guts to get it? Simple solution - one of two - yes or no - and what price are you willing to pay/ AND EACH OF YOU KNOW THAT PRICE - YOU'VE ALREADY BEEN ASKED ...... AND YOU KNOW IT.... i promise...........
Old 01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

SOON I WILL BE RETIRED TO THIS BOX

Then I wish you all farewell.

Duffy.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:55 AM
Reconvic

Re: SOON I WILL BE RETIRED TO THIS BOX

Quote:
Then I wish you all farewell.

Duffy.
Damn SGT.Duffy, I am nrw herebut know Dana and AJ along time.
I am also a Nam Vet, 1st Recon Battlion Company A. I go to the VA alot with many sleepless nights, but give up I will never do and thanks to Agent Orange I am terminal ill. As a Marine I will be fighting before they put me in the ground. I have no regrets
I wear the title of a Marine, so never give up, us Marines will regroup one day but let the lord say when.
Just a Marines thoughts
ReconVic
Old 01-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Hey Vic,

Vic,
Good to see you in here.

I don't think Sgt. Duffy is giving up any time soon. He was just out looking at a horse and had a little riding accident but is ok except for being very sore.

He has a lot to say, but is unable to post as much as he would like.

He has stated the obvious , but not just for himself, but for all of us.

One thing he has said in another post is we have no control over when we are born or die, but what we do in between is what counts.

So welcome to PM
Old 01-31-2004, 06:13 AM
Reconvic

Hi Dana

You are right there it is not how long you live as much as how you are living, like just being happy. I can say if today was my last day on earth, I lived a good life.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:02 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Angeldevil lOGGED IN AGAIN

tHANKS TO WHO EVER DID THAT FOR ME. nOW THAT i'M BACK IN i'M TOO TIRED TO WRITE ANYTHING OF VALUE. bUT i will be back later.

Duffy
Old 01-31-2004, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Re: lOGGED IN AGAIN

Quote:
tHANKS TO WHO EVER DID THAT FOR ME. nOW THAT i'M BACK IN i'M TOO TIRED TO WRITE ANYTHING OF VALUE. bUT i will be back later.

Duffy

Sgt. Duffy,
Glad to see you back.
Chauncey was having the same trouble logging on this morning.
There was no indication there was any problem, so I dont know what it could be. Get some rest and maybe we will see you late tonight.
Dana
Old 02-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Computer is acting totally wierd

Don't even know if I can get this much on.

Duffy
Old 02-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Re: Computer is acting totally wierd

Quote:
Don't even know if I can get this much on.

Duffy
Try it again...your siggie is covered up.
How is your health?
Dana
Old 02-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Freddo

Bored Life and Death...our times are in His Hands!

However, some years ago - when life for me wasn't seen to be worth the struggle - I came to a point where I realised that in spite of my disabilities (PTSD, GOR, HA, severe OA knees and back, skin Ca and so on...) I began to realise that I was still helping veterans, their wives and families. So, boldly I asked the Lord, just as Paul did (he wanted to be with His Lord, but he knew that if he remained he could strengthen the church and its leaders!) to make it possible for me to be left here on earth until He came for the Church or I simpy faded away! My reason was to do as much damage as possible to the kingdom of darkness by snatching people out of that kingdom, in the Kingdom of God and to also teach and strengthen the Church. God has used us (that's my wife Barbara and I) to separate the Holy from the profane. We've been used by Him to help many to leave dangerous religious groups and prevent untold numbers from getting involved. By His Grace we will continue to do so - in spite of the handicaps which in His Sovereign will either be healed or touched sufficiently to enable us to continue in the path He wants us to walk. Be encouraged and do deals with God (as long as they are based in His Word!).
Love you all heaps guys.
Hang tought in Him.
Freddo
Old 02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Freddo

Cross Glow Sm Clr Follow-up

This bounced into my email box just after I made the foregoing post:

Go The Distance

I have often dreamed
Of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome
Would be waiting for me

Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I'll be there someday
I can go the distance
I will find my way
If I can be strong

I know every mile
Will be worth my while
When I go the distance
I'll be right where i belong

Down an unknown road
To embrace my fate
Though that road may wander
It will lead me to you

And a thousand years
Would be worth the wait
It might take a lifetime
But somehow I'll see it through

And I won't look back
I can go the distance
And I'll stay on track
No I won't accept defeat

It's an uphill slope
But I won't lose hope
Till I go the distance
And my journey is
Complete

But to look beyond the glory
is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is
measured by his heart

Like a shooting star
I will go the distance
I will search the world
I will face its harms

I don't care how far
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Waiting in your arms

I will search the world
I will face it's harm
Till I find my hero's welcome
waiting in your arms

Author unknown
Old 02-03-2004, 05:12 AM
pointmanben

Many years ago someone said "Some people are so afraid to die that they never begin to live." In reading these threads I can see that Sgt. Duffy doesn't fear death, nor does any of those who have written.
I've outlived many friends and family members. I've shared the last days with many,being at peace with those who knew Jesus as their savior. and feeling the pain when others left, rejecting the invitation Christ gave them.
This pain gives me the drive to go on, doing all I can to lead all those I come into contact with to make their reservation to the eternal home with Christ.
This quote is from Norman McLeod, a Scottish clergyman (1812-1872) "We picture death as coming to destroy; let us rather picture Christ as coming to save. We think of death as ending; let us rather think of life as beginning and that more abundantly. We think of losing; leet us think of gaining. We think of parting, let us think of meeting. We think of going away; leet us think of arriving. And the voice of death whispers "You must go from earth." Let us hear the voice of Christ saying, "You are but coming to me!"
Keep On Keeping On,
Ben
Old 02-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Blue POINTMAN BEN

My Swabby, friend,

Where else would we be going, but to our Father? That is without a reservation or intent on the part of someone - or something - else? You need not question that.

Duffy