What you want to know?
Old 11-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Re: I'm in but dont know what the h to do next

Quote:
Originally posted by dcdamewood
what next bro????
DC,

Looks to me like you're doing a lot better than you said in your e-mails. Your in - you've found things - you've already made two posts - take your time, relax, have fun, and push some buttons. Love ya, little brother, see you next week here in sunny New Mexico.

Duffy
Old 11-27-2003, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Chuck has disabled reputation
Re: I'm in but dont know what the h to do next

Quote:
Originally posted by dcdamewood
what next bro????
dcdamewood....

As they say.. just do what your mind and heart tell you to do... you are you.. and no one else can be in your stead....

You will find a great bunch of guys here at pointman... just say what you want to say.. and someone will answer you...
Old 11-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Doc_Morry

Death-Resurrection-Quest

My Friend you speak of dying and hoping you will have time to finish the work he has laid upon your heart. Let me assure you that He didnt save you so you could lead a non useful life

brother he has a job for you and for each one of us on earth that is to spread His word to those who havent heard . Then and only then will you truly die but that is not a bad thing as it is just a portal to a better life one where you will see your Father face to face.

God Bless you for what your doing here.

Doc Morry
Old 11-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Cross Glow Sm Clr

Thank you, Doc,

After I regained consciousness, I heard many stories from Docs and staff and even the room cleanup lady about the past two months. I heard the word miracle used often. Like I said before somewhere else here in the Chapel, I brushed it off as good bedside manners.

It wasn't until I was transfered from Texas back to New Mexico for rehab, that my own personal Doc became involved again. She and the other Dr's and staff that I was personally familiar with shared some of the info in their medical reports with me. These people I knew and trusted. They live here. They are personal friends. It wasn't until then that I lay in that hospital bed connected to a multitude of wires and trying to learn again how to get a spoon full of mashed pototoes to my mouth without dropping it on my chest, did I start actually considering the seriousness of what had just taken place in the last two months that I was unconscious.

The word miracle took on a new meaning. As the months past in rehab and finally getting home to my place with daily in care from the nursing staff did things start to really...sink in.

I'm a skeptic, a pessimist. There must be another choice, another option...miracles are not real. If miracles were real, and of any importance they would not name a salad dressing after it, (Miracle Whip). It's just a word. Nothing more.

Then I did a scientific/skeptical/non-believer, evaluation of the over-all picture. The Texas Dr.s gave up.... there was nothing left to do... consequently... they did nothing more. Ok, fine. Then who did? Who did something more? Who did what the best professionals in Texas could not do?

Some people said I had a strong will to live. Wrong! The heartattack had already been predicted through diagnosis 5 months before it occurred. I have the letter, terminal, short time to live, heart and respitory failure, etc. I knew it was coming and that nothing could stop it. I prepared my family and got my "papers in order" as advised. I verbally gave Do Not Resescitate instructions to all concerned. Verbal is not good enough and besides Texas was never advised of my DNR, so the proceeded to attempt to save my life.

A strong will to live? Rule that out. I was prepared for death. A strong will to live? Poppycock....I was unconscious... I had no will at all, period.

If it wasn't the Medical staff that saved my life, and it wasn't my "will to Live", then that leaves only one other possibility. When I had eliminated all possibilities, during the months of rehab and recovery, I was left with just one possibility.

The Lord.

I'm a Marine, Sir. I would not argue or contest or even question the orders of my CO if they were given today. And I am most assuredly not going to argue with the Lord!

Whatever His mission, whatever the cost, whatever the time frame, I will carry it out to the best of my ability until the Honor Guard lays that flag upon my casket, and my soul hears the bulgler playing,.... Taps.

Thank you for your most touching response.

Duffy - Semper Fi
Old 12-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Angeldevil BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK

SORRY FOLKS,

The Thanksgiving Holiday here in Carlsbad, New Mexico has still not ended. Unfortunately, though for all of the wrong reasons. Carlsbad, near the famous Carlsbad Caverns National Park is a small, quiet town of low population. Normally the big event is the Sunday gathering at Wal-mart after church.

Not so for the past 8 days. Two police officer's shot in the line of duty - perpetrator was killed. Both officers in critical condition still. Lady officer shot five times in the legs.

One poor innocent lady shot to death on her front porch by a drive by shooter. Suspect not apprehended.

One well known local youngster died in car accident, alcohol related.

Five other well known, founding Fathers, died over the course of the weekend from natural causes.

The flu epidemic has filled the hospital and waiting rooms of all our doctors.

Two armed robberies where store clerks have been injured.

All of this, plus more smaller incidents have taken place over this Holiday weekend. You can feel the presence of sadness and despair amongst the people you see daily in your activities. Our little town is in mourning.

Perhaps, the word SHOCK, would be just as fitting.

As some of you know I am involved with the clergy here myself and also volunteer for assistance with other churches and their congregations. In the past, like most other towns, the seperate churches usually stick pretty much to themselves and carry on their business and spiritual affairs on their own.

This last week, however, church's all over town have come together as one unit to assist the many grieving families and friends directly or indirectly involved with the loss of so many loved ones in such a short period of time.

I am a little awed by the joint effort of so many in these days of death and horror. It's doesn't matter what church you belong to, it matters how willing you are to reach out your hand in a time of need.

That's what the Pointman Chapel is about....isn't it. Reaching out to help one another. I'm proud to be a part of this.

Peace be with you,

Christopher, SFO, patron saint, St. Francis of Assisi, order - St. Margaret of Cortona
Old 12-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Cross Glow Sm Clr Prayer and the Healing Process

It has been one week today since my last post, the one above. Phones have quieted down, funeral processions have ended and flowers placed on newly dug graves of only days ago have shriveled and bent in the desert wind and freezing temperatures.

Church attendance in most of our small town churches has increased as a result of the recent tragic losses and the efforts of many family's and friends attempting to do closure on their lost loved ones.

Never before in Carlsbad, New Mexico, have I seen the loss of so many in such a short period of time. It has been a trajedy. And sometimes, trajedy itself is the catalisyt the will most rapidly bring people together to unite in their efforts to assistance and comfort.

Prayers have been many... questions have been more... why? Why now? Why would the Lord let this happen? Why my mother? Why my little brother? Why... why...why?

Their are versus in the Bible that could offer some help to answer those question. Their are friends and loved one's that could attempt to assist in answering those questions. And then, there are prayers... which most of us would prefer to believe will surely give the answer... sometimes, but not always, answers can be found in prayer.

Strength is needed. Faith is needed. Courage is needed. And time is needed... to find any semblance of closure in the loss of a loved one. Time... time... time.

Short of suicide, the Lord decides when it's time for us to leave this life.... and for all of us... he did not mark that date of our calenders of life. We just wait.

In my case, as some of you already know - and those of you who do not know can find the story at the first entry on this thread - Death-Resurrection-Quest... I died three times last fall - and was sent back... to fulfill a "Quest"? Maybe.

Many here in our little town wonder why they lost their loved ones, I wonder why I was spared 3 times. The criteria for the answers to their questions are the same as the criteria for the answer to my question. Strength-faith-courage-time and prayer.

I pray now for those who suffered their losses - and I pray for myself that I can continue to devote what is left of my life in that pursuit. I pray for the strength to compensate for the confusion - I pray for the understanding of questions that I am not able to answer - and I pray to our Lord for a little more time.... time... just a little more time to gain the courage necessary to face the inevitability of the unknown.

Fr. Duffy, SFO "Peace be with you."
Old 12-10-2003, 05:27 AM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road
Over the years many of us have seen death in many forms. We offer our prayers to God for the resurrection of thier soul. Then we offer our prayers to the families who are asking the questions of why this person left this earth in a attempt to ease thier grief. Alot of these folks blame God if thier loved one was taken from them at a time before we felt that they should or made our loved ones suffer some of the pain that was felt in a lossing battle with an illness. These questions of why will only be answered when we report to our final command.

Duffy, you had asked me to post about my late father-in-law, and in some respects it fits your quest here, or may at least offer some guidance to you and others here ....

Gene served in the Marines in Guam during WWII, he returned to the states after the war and got married. He and his wife had 4 children. His wife was killed in 1964, so Gene rasied the kids on his own. I'm quite sure he questioned on why his wife was taken from him, the youngest was 6 at the time. Now instead of staying in IN were thier was family that could help him, he moved to SD, to raise his kids. He raised the kids within the church, never losing site of his beliefs. As each of the kids left "the nest" he became closer to God. When his youngest daughter moved to Ca., Gene joined the brotherhood at Blue Cloud Abby. I know that thier was conterversy with him becoming one of the brothers because of the fact that he had been married at one point. What allowed him to be accepted was they parted in death.

Gene served God for 20+ years thier. Somewhere around 1990 they discovered he had bone cancer. He suffered with this for 10 years while it destoryed his body. In this man's quest to always help others, he had made arrangements for his body to go to cancer research. So even in death, he found ways to help others.

So many of us do not know what our missions are, or if we do, we do not not know how to handle the mission at hand. We walk many different types of life in the quest to find these answers of why. After my first visit with Pointman Ministries in Belmont last year, we started a Pointman Chapel at another site, while putting that one together. We were asked to start one on another Marine site, which both are running. This site here Dana and I had talked about a few times. At the end of Oct, we still hadn't made up our minds weather or not to start this idea up or not, I had already made up my mind that it would happen. Within 2 maybe 3 days I sent Dana the link here to this site, and we have started up a 3rd Pointman Chapel on another site. Do I feel like this is my mission? Not really,it's like a stepping stone. I feel like thier is something else God wants me to do, so I will keep on this this quest to find the answers. This is true of all of us. We will only know the answers of our quests in our resurrections.

God Bless
Old 12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

The mystery deepens and the war continues.

Good evening everyone,

Saddam is captured. That's not news to anyone. Why he had 3/4 of a million dollars in his pocket, weapons and a terrorist group supposedly backing him... and let him live in a little hole in the ground is something of a mystery... to say the least. That's where the mystery deepens.

Now the war will go on... and I for one have no idea as to the ramifications involved with his capture and subsequent military and political side affects. But one thing for certain, it will keep us glued to the news channels.

I wish to thank, personally and sincerily, AJ, Dana and Chuck for the very special and heartfelt assistance they, each in their own way have given me.

Point Man and The Select Few have both had a monumental affect on my life and quite simply... my overall well being. If I were to attempt to go into anymore detail... the tears would gum up my keyboard.

Thank you, Marines
Semper Fidelis
Old 12-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road
Do you wonder

Sgt. Duffey, Why are there so many looks and posts in this particular thread? Remember when you first went to the PTSD thread and said there were few postings?
I think the title Death Quest is a misnomer...it is really a LIFEQUEST......I think we are so curious about death and all its ramifications, the mystery, the what if? How about this, we have seen all kinds of sickness and death and misery. If we dwell on it and live in it, we will forget LIFE. We need to be mindful of our life, and circumstances, but not to the point we are controlled by them.
This is kind of a disjointed thought, but what has been on my mind for a while. we have all kinds of different folks here. Different backgrounds, different beliefs. I must choose Jesus.
I guess I need to be included in the Bible thumpers list on the Few. Maybe thump ya up the side of the head was my thought for the day, when I read that one.
Anyway, glad to have ya here.
Semper Fi
Dana
Old 12-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Cross Glow Sm Clr DEATH AND PTSD

Dana,

According to our last few posts above, we had generally accepted the idea that DEATH was a subject that drew many of us for many different reasons. That will always be the case with mankind. We LIVE to the best of our indivual abilities in order to accomplish some form of goal in our lives here on earth. DEATH, on the other hand, unless we are involved with it on a personal basis in one form or other is rarely thought about.

As in the case of our youth, even as combat personnel, until we come close to Death - our youth provides us with a built in form of emotional "immortality". It may happen to others, but "never to me.".

As a reult of your last post above, we moved our conversation into the PTSD forum... did we not? In the PTSD forum we will be dealing "directly" with the very subject that we had tried to avoid here in this forum. DEATH AND ITS RAMIFICATIONS - AND NEGATIVE SIDE AFFECTS.

We live - but we also die. Can't escape that, can we? What is of major importance, is what we manage to do with our lives between that moment of BIRTH that gives us LIFE... and that moment of DEATH - which takes our LIFE.

I do not look at DEATH as a morbid subject... I look at it as a moment of truth and final action. Once we have reached that moment of death - there is no turning back the pages to erase, add or subtract information that relevant to what is to occur after DEATH.

We had no choice about birth - we have no choice about death. The choice comes in during the interum of time seperating the two. The football game begins - the football game ends. The final judgement of success or failure - is decided what happen during that period of time from one goal post to the other.

I have no fear of death - but then again - I've been there. What I fear most is that I will somehow fail to utilize the time allotted to me during the remainder of my life to accomplish the goals that may directly - or inadvertently - decide my future... AFTER DEATH.

Duffy
Old 12-21-2003, 05:04 PM
cj

Sgt. Duffy, usmc26th has posted a message for you in PTSD forum. Thought I'd let you know. I am his wife. Semper Fi!!
Old 12-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Bored THANK YOU, CJ

cj,

I appreciate you letting me know. I just responded to your husbands post.

Sometimes, mam, so much can be said with so few words. Your husband has that talent.

Duffy
Old 12-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Cross Glow Sm Clr DOCTOR'S REPORT - MONDAY DECEMBER 29TH -03

Dear Dana,

Several posts back in this forum, "Death-Resurrection-Quest", it was felt that moving our conversations to THE PTSD Forum might be more appropriate since the PTSD forum deals with the NOW and the improvement, hopefully, for the future lives of those of us involved with PTSD.

I am still in agreement with that.

However, do to recent negative developments in my own physical well being I am afraid that I might have a better chance at completing the subject material in this forum than I will have available time to complete the material in PTSD ISSUES. That's not so bad though... when my final entry is made in this forum, it will negate any need for further involvement in the other.

May the Lord be with you, my friend.

Duffy
Old 12-30-2003, 02:40 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Angeldevil ATTEMPTING PHOTO ENTRY

IF PHOTO DOES NOT APPEAR - CLICK ATTACHMENT
Old 12-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

PHOTO ERROR

SCANNER ATTEMPT FAILED. STAND BY
Old 12-30-2003, 04:54 PM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road
Duffy, post your pictures as a jpg file, it works better.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Sgt. Duffy-USMC

Angeldevil CAN NOT DO IT

CAN NOT ENTER THE SELECT FEW. CAN NOT ENTER PHOTO'S AS PER YOUR REQUEST WITHOUT FURTHER SOFTWARE. HAVE ACCESS TO TIFF ON SCANNER = WORKS I THINK IN SELECT FEW BUT NOT HERE/?

CANT DO ANYTHING NOW.

DUFFY
Old 12-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road
Re: CAN NOT DO IT

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt. Duffy-USMC
CAN NOT ENTER THE SELECT FEW. CAN NOT ENTER PHOTO'S AS PER YOUR REQUEST WITHOUT FURTHER SOFTWARE. HAVE ACCESS TO TIFF ON SCANNER = WORKS I THINK IN SELECT FEW BUT NOT HERE/?

CANT DO ANYTHING NOW.

DUFFY
Duffy,
I posted your picture on the Select Few, I'll check the page number, but I think it is 336.
Dana