Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prayer Requests Request a special prayer for anyone in need

Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 AM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road
Don James

From Tim Pollock, Outpost Leader

This a prayer request for a great friend of mine's family. A very dear friend of mine passed away 30 Jan 09 at around 3:30a.m. He was a great guy huge heart and tried to help everyone he could. Don James was his name and he served in the Army, and the Navy I believe he had 14yrs in both of the services and he was a proud American. He saved my life and brought me closer to the Lord Jesus and also brought me into a great Ministry called Point Man International Ministries. He really wanted to help people and bring them to the Lord and help them become Christians so they too could feel the pride he had felt walking with the Lord and knowing that when he was done here on earth, he would be in Heaven walking the streets with Jesus singing and dances and never feeling pain again. Don will always be in my life because he stopped me from killing myself, he had no idea that he did but I was done living in this miserable life I had made for myself. But between Church, Point Man and my new friends and learning about God, My life turned around for the best. You meet new people all the time some stay a long time others do what they are there for and go away but God puts people in your life to make a change and teach you something, and with Don he tought me how no matter how bad life seems, we all have an awesome God that never turns his back on you. He had cancer and one day he was fine then it seems like it happened so quick, but its been about a year since he first started talking about his shoulder hurting, but even in as much pain as he was in his faith in God got stronger and stronger. So I guess what I am trying to say God is GREAT and life gets rough but God never puts you in a situation that you can't handle and GOD is always with you no matter what. I'm sorry for the detailed info on Don but everybody needs to know that you always have people around that can help you in your quest to get closer to God. My whole reason is to have everyone pray for the family and friends of this great man. It is rough to see such a great person pass away at a young age but he is in the Best place you could ever get to when you take your last breath he is up with the angels and God and that is where we all want to be. Please pray for his wife, mother, sister, brother,son,and I have no idea how many other people to pray for Don was one of those guys you meet and just love him he has lots of family and tons of friends so please just keep them all in prayer in this time of mourning. The best thing is when we take our last breath we can see all of our friends and family that walk with the Lord. Thank you for reading this sorry if its long Don was one of my best friends so I wanted to say enough about him so you know why he was a great man. But please pray for everyone that loved him.