Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Families
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
EmandNsmom

Dog I need your ideas... :D

Hello friends! Just me again. Ok, I know my last post was kind of a blah thing. I was really exhausted that night. I had a really neat conversation with Dana the other night and he said something that I totally agree on. The fact that soldiers comming home from war etc... have to get through their stuff to truely appreciate the sacrifices that their spouses and I believe family members make. That's good stuff.. So I have come to this conclusion.. We women need to stick together and support each other so we can better support our men. The question is: How do we make that happen? I have kept myself going around in circles(mentally that is), trying to figure out just exactly what kind of support everyone else may need here,(women that is.). Hmm... I know with me, anyway, I need to know what I am dealing with(information), I need to know that I am not alone in this thing, and I need to know that it's ok to be a little frustrated at times, and that there are other women I can talk to. I know in the army at one time, we had family support groups, which eventually turned into family readiness groups.. I didn't exactly like our unit's, not much for support and if you complained about anything, they all looked at you like you just told them that you were "unclean" or something like that. I'm looking for ideas. I figure by supporting other women, I will be helping myself. That's one of the reasons I've been asking all these questions. Besides, there is power in estrogen!! So come on ladies, lets here your ideas! Weather it be emailing back and forth, etc.. hey I know ladies who send quilt squares through the mail! OR, even the challenges of raising children.. (mine are 7,2, and 4-- Yes they keep me going ) . Post your ideas.. PLEASE!! Don't make me beg! Ok, I won't beg.. lol Just let me know...

Have a blessed day!
Stephanie
Old 08-05-2005, 05:31 AM
ILOVEMYVET

Re: I need your ideas... :D

Hi girls,

Does Homefront have a site that we could link off of?

Heather
Old 10-12-2005, 01:57 PM
jeannie

Hi there,
my name is jeannie and i am an air force vet married to an air force vet. I know what you are going thru. Having three children can really keep you busy. I think one of the greatest things is e-mailing each other. You can talk about many things that way and make some wonderful friends and eventually send cards, phone calls. Yes,, we have to keep the estrogen going, great of you to think of that. have a great day
Old 10-12-2005, 02:02 PM
jeannie

hey stephanie,
i forgot to tell you to say a great big thank you to your husband for serving us.
jeannie