Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
lydiane

Re: PTSD Homework

Holy Toledo, we ain't just a bunch of PTS Vets--we're Theologians man!!
Have a "no ceiling" Easter Gents!
Old 04-11-2004, 03:22 PM
usmc26th

At frist it went over my head, now I pick alot of things I can do for myself andfor others, no.9 is a good one, but the that I need to work on, is the not being recognized for what I do or try to say, that brings my anger to the surface real fast, So this will help. I maynot aways post, But I always read and think about it. Thanks everyone
Old 04-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Trooper

USMC26th

It's not easy for any of us. No man wants to be ignored, what we do and say is a big part of who we are. Know that your in Our Prayers!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 AM
chapmick

Here is this weeks discussion outline. Check it out and I will add some narrative tomorrow. I am puckered out from watching "Band of Brothers" and the History of the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles.
Think of how those apostles felt the day after the resurrection--pretty bold I'll bet! By next Easter we will all be bold apostles in our own rights-Eh?
Old 04-12-2004, 07:18 PM
snowyowl

Cart127 Re: PTSD Homework

Chapmick, good info, I believe this will take a loong time for me to digest. Here's my take-Vietnam wasn't our native country "We went back to the World" but for the Vietnamese who were stuck in that place and time with no way out of it-what then-I've had to deal with Disassociation within my family members for more than twenty years, I'm tired, worn out, numb and resultant factors I live with and other individuals (BG's) could try something at anytime, it's a fact I live with every day for the rest of my life here, my Spiritual Vietnam will end when I pass on and not until then. I have upset too many people for my stand for Christ and for my marriage. I have ROCKED many, many boats. And I'm staying the course because I know who and what is at stake.
James 1 gets into this but counting as Joy is hard at the moment. Didn't say it was easy though!
Old 04-14-2004, 01:18 AM
chapmick

Been a little under the weather. I will add a little more background to that homework tomorrow or the next day. Nice to see we have visitors and onlookers. It makes feel connected to something bigger than myself. Mic
Old 04-14-2004, 05:41 AM
usmc26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmick
Been a little under the weather. I will add a little more background to that homework tomorrow or the next day. Nice to see we have visitors and onlookers. It makes feel connected to something bigger than myself. Mic
I hope you get to feeling better, we will be praying for you, That's some good infro, Thanks
Old 04-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Shawn Powell

Angeldevil Re: PTSD Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmick
Here is this weeks discussion outline. Check it out and I will add some narrative tomorrow. I am puckered out from watching "Band of Brothers" and the History of the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles.
Think of how those apostles felt the day after the resurrection--pretty bold I'll bet! By next Easter we will all be bold apostles in our own rights-Eh?
Yes! Bold apostles fueled by Fluoxetine and Prazosin...! Gentlemen, the kindly VA has begun an aggressive offensive on my spirit, soul and body! It took them only two (2) days to inundate me with meds, consults and samples and smears of everything the human body is capable of secreting... not to mention several thousand vials of blood they required as well. Oh, and they wanna SCOPE me, too. Awesome.

The sacred cow comment that Dana mentioned earlier... I think I get it. We cling to our predispositions... it gives us what we may think is our purpose, right? "My purpose is to thrash anyone and anything that has to do with... fill in the blank." And when those sacred cows... geez, how about IDOLS... are identified as the reason for crippling us... (cows, idols, addictions...?) Our purpose or security or what we perceive as our reason for existing is threatened... I guess... right?

My anger/rage keeps people away. I prefer it that way... if I freak on them, they run. They may think me a lunatic, but it serves my purpose... they stay away. A buddy tells me that I got an anger problem... and now my cow is threatened as it provides the security I need in dealing with my wounds. SO... how do I deal with my wounds if the salve that serves it's medicating purpose is a problem and must be dealt with?? I knew this forum would be a little frightening, bros.

All of the scripture that speaks of holding your tongue, be slow to anger, the folly of an angry man, a soft answer turns away wrath, etc... I want to ask the Lord, "Now how exactly do you do that?"

And I like the thought of ripping the ceiling off to get to Jesus. Duh, thanks Jack. How but not just ripping it off, how bout we prep the mofo with 155 for 15 mikes, then send some Maverick and Hellfire missiles into the AO courtesy of AH-1 Apaches... and then send in the ground pounders to waste anything left of the enemy that's still moving and attempting to throw more lies around at you. Yeah, bro... I agree with you Jack... rip off the ceiling, hooah?

Mic, ready for the next one... keep em coming...!!

Shawn.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Trooper

Shawn

I like your idea of Preping the AO with 155mm. A few Years ago the Lord reviled to me that covering a series of thoughts, feelings or negative actions with Prayer is like calling in a battery of 8" SP on them.

Like you I used my anger to distance myself from people. "He's crazy, leave him alone!" When God called me into the ministry I soon realized that I really didn't like people. After I stopped fighting the call on my life and accepted His invitation, I was instantly being forced to deal with them on a very close intimate leavel. Talk about leaving your Comfort Zone!

I soon went to the Lord and told Him I couldn't do this. His answer was, He Knew that I couldn't. But that He could, if I was willing to allow Him to work through me. The OP plan he gave me was to Prep the area with Prayer. And when things got rough to call in "Fire for Effect!" on my pre-plots.

It isn't easy, But it works. I found it's hard to dislike or distance yourself from someone your Praying for continually.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper
Shawn

I like your idea of Preping the AO with 155mm. A few Years ago the Lord reviled to me that covering a series of thoughts, feelings or negative actions with Prayer is like calling in a battery of 8" SP on them.

Like you I used my anger to distance myself from people. "He's crazy, leave him alone!" When God called me into the ministry I soon realized that I really didn't like people. After I stopped fighting the call on my life and accepted His invitation, I was instantly being forced to deal with them on a very close intimate leavel. Talk about leaving your Comfort Zone!

I soon went to the Lord and told Him I couldn't do this. His answer was, He Knew that I couldn't. But that He could, if I was willing to allow Him to work through me. The OP plan he gave me was to Prep the area with Prayer. And when things got rough to call in "Fire for Effect!" on my pre-plots.

It isn't easy, But it works. I found it's hard to dislike or distance yourself from someone your Praying for continually.
WHOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!

Guess I better re evaluate my thoughts and prayers here to and step them up. Been a little slack in that area.
Sounds like Trooper is talking about me.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Trooper

Biggrin Re: PTSD Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danausmc
WHOOOOOOAAAAA!!!!

Guess I better re evaluate my thoughts and prayers here to and step them up. Been a little slack in that area.
Sounds like Trooper is talking about me.

Dana

The Book I read says "we've all fallen short". I preach as much to myself as I do to others!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Shawn Powell

Hey Mic--

I'm ready for more stuff! You in the AO?

Shawn.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:23 AM
chapmick

Yup still in the AO. Just got a bit sidetracked with some "Psyops'! I fell behind in a class I am taking at the Universtity here, and I had to restructure my days. Finished now. Got a 'B'. I am jazzed that I still have an ounce or two of discipline in me!
Our Group that meets every Wednesday at the Vet Center, has reconfigured itself also,and I think that some of the subject matter than is on the horizon will be of some interest to the participants and viewers of this Thread. A little less formal, and little more personal. We are going to begin talking about; "how we know that we know that we are getting better" with the symptoms to PTS. Most of us have been in this Group for over a year and a half now and we all know each other quite well. Many have become social friends,and attend Church together. Therefore we can track how the other ones are doing without much effort. The Center has also launched a Wives Group. Now we are really in trouble!
So, starting with the next post I will relay some of the stuff we started with today; like the lessening of biting sarcasm in social settings.
I will seya down the trail said Bouncin' Betty
Old 05-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Trooper

Cross Glow Sm Clr Re: PTSD Homework

chapmick

I like what you said about being accountable to others in the group. In the ministry I work with we stress accountablity. The men in the program to us, and Us to the men in the program, and even to our fellow pastors.

As for meeting your friend Betty along the trail, I'm looking forward to meeting her again. I got unfinished buisness with the Lady.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:21 AM
snowyowl

Which one? The woman or the gal that blows up everytime I/we take a step into her field???
Old 06-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Administrator

danausmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
Which one? The woman or the gal that blows up everytime I/we take a step into her field???

Thats probably the one. You should see the e-mails I get criticizing what we do or dont do.....and usually from someone that knows way more about how or what I think than I do.....ain't life grand.

how are you doing by the way??
Old 06-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Trooper

Cross Glow Sm Clr Re: PTSD Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowyowl
Dana is right, that's the Betty I was refering to! My flashbacks aren't timid about jumping up and biteing me in the butt or elsewhere.

I like the mental image of the Bounging Betty, as related to PTSD.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:04 PM
snowyowl

How am I doing?
Trying to get some job retraining lined up, don't know if it'll happen. My life is pretty much up in the air and has been for a couple of years--been running blowtorches on both ends of the proverbial candle for many years. Since last January is the first time my life slowed down to a crawl, I'm not objecting only reflecting... Also trying to qualify for disability, FWIW.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:24 AM
chapmick

snowyowl, Do you have a VSO for your Disability Claim? do you need any help or advice? Mic
Old 06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
snowyowl

Chapmick,
Unfortunately my PTSD and Depression are not Service-Connected in any way. Shall we say it's related to "other life events" about 15 years after I left active duty.