Go Back   Point Man Ministries > Pointman Chapel
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pointman Chapel Start your day with a Morning Prayer

Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
177point5_Gunny

Dance The Healing of a Demon Possessed Man (Mark 5: 1-20)

A man with an unclean spirit once wandered among the dead. Day and night he was often found crying out in anguish and cut himself with stones. He became so uncontrollable that his family and friends could not restrain him no matter how hard they tried. Not even with chains could they bind him. [Or with the help of handcuffs courtesy of your local sheriff.LOL!] No, not one proved strong enough to subdue this demon possessed man.

Then one day the demon possessed man saw someone approaching him from a distance. In a fit of rage he immediately ran towards this man in an attempt to scare him off so that he could later fuel his own arrogance by beating his chest proudly. But after realizing who this man was and where he had come from the demon possessed man quickly dropped to his knees seeking mercy and “shouted at the top of his voice, ‘What do you want with me?’” (v. 7).

By now, the holy man in this story you may have already guessed was none other than Jesus. Only the Lord has this much power to bend even the proudest knee through His presence alone. But what of the demon possessed man? What would possess someone with such rage that no one could hold him down? This story remind you of anyone? To me it’s painfully evident. Figuratively speaking, the man that knelt before Jesus seeking mercy was at one point, uh…well, me.

Much like the demon possessed man I too roamed aimlessly among the dead (in spirit). Devoured by my own anger, resentments, and bitterness I would fuel the desires of my flesh through my addictions. Beloved family members and friends tried in vain to restrain the “demon possessed” husband, father, brother with little success.

When I read Mark chapter 5, verses 1-20, even after 3 years of sobriety God speaks to me in such a profound way that strengthens my faith in Jesus Christ that much more. He shows me that the author of our faith, is the utmost authority in rebuking those demons from our lives who chip and nag at us daily. No matter what storms rage within us as a result of some traumatic experience in our life it is our Savior who holds the power to still the storms within our souls. We must surrender our lives and our will to Him daily knowing that our strength comes from He who loves us so dearly.

We must constantly remind ourselves that it is our Savior who is bigger and more powerful than any addiction or painful personal experience that plague our life today. In the spiritual battles we face each day isn’t it comforting to know that the King of all Kings has the utmost authority to look satan in the eyes and command in the most powerful soul restoring voice known to all creation, “Come out of this man, you evil spirit!” (v 8). You bet it is. Thank you Jesus for doing the same for me!!

Lord, I pray that all those who are suffering today can come to know your awesome saving grace and loving mercy. May we lay down our burdens, addictions and painful experiences at the foot of your cross each day. May you lay us down in the green pastures, lead us beside the still waters and restore our souls like the Good Shepherd you are so that we may find peace on this earth. In your holy name Jesus we pray, Amen.

Semper Fi & God Bless,
Den