Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD > Spirituality Issues and PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spirituality Issues and PTSD This is a Forum to discuss spirituality issues and their relationship to PTSD and everyday life

Old 06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Sunshinesuperman67

Banghead Perfection or Nothing

On February 20th,2001 I received my 100% Disability Rating, after several years of tugging, a ton of patience, and a family of saints. No complaints on the homefront as of this writing. Yet, I am today, struck by the number of things that I will not attempt to accomplish because that crummy self talk says;"you are too disabled to do it right- or at least the way you used to---so why try". And then comes the scriptural passage telling me that I can do all things in Christ. Well which is it? Of course the latter, since we know that we will not be tested beyond our capability. And aha! here enters my faith life. Faith in the effort. Faith in the intent. And let God handle the results. So simple eh? But how quickly I forget.
I found this lyric the other day that speaks to this syndrome. Hope you all find it helpful.
"RING THE BELLS THAT STILL CAN RING
FORGET YOUR PERFECT OFFERING
THERE IS A CRACK IN EVERYTHING
THAT'S HOW THE LIGHT GETS IN'
Leonard Cohen/Anthem
Old 06-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Pointman69

Re: Perfection or Nothing

Which is it? We are here by the grace of God. We can't take credit for anything good - the ability is not in our human nature, it's only in God's spirit.

Life is a process, not an event - fortunately, God is in control and He wants to best for us.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:54 AM
chapmic

Anybody home for the Holidays out there in the ethernet?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
0369/0341

ajusmc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmic View Post
Anybody home for the Holidays out there in the ethernet?
Yep, were out here somewhere Mic
Old 05-18-2008, 11:46 PM
chapmic

" Welp" as Ronald Reagan use to say, it looks like we are in for an extended Operation in caring for the men and women that will be returning to the "World" after mulitple tours of duty. Seems like we should have a rapid response team prepared to go into the 'bush' for rescues. The stats are not looking so good for the young warriors. Meaning they are carousing and tearing up the town like some of us may have done in our heydays. I know the Lord will be in waiting with all the supplies they need, but how do we get them to that safe haven? How many of you out there in PMIM country have crisis lines in your respective towns and cities? Just curious. I will offer mine on a National basis if someone would agree to take it after 6 months. Any ideas? Mic