Go Back   Point Man Ministries > PTSD
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Pointman69

Anger

I finally caught myself feeling angry after my wife explained her misgivings about a family situation involving her brother. It was the first time I recognized my anger as something unnecessary and unwarrented for the situation before I just added it to the pile of other things that "make me angry."

I didn't understand it but finally recognized the anger wasn't related to the particular situation. I know many of you are way ahead of me on this. I've known this intellectually, but never saw it so clear before.

For me, it seemed to come down to, I was angry about having to deal with my wife's emotions. I hadn't a clue how to make her feel better, I don't know how to fix the situation, and she really wasn't asking for me to solve it anyway - she just wanted to share her feelings.

In the jungle, walking point, I had my hands full just to concentrate on where my feet were stepping and what was going on around me. Emotions (mine or others) were way down on the priority list. In fact, they were a distraction from the things I had to do to keep myself and others alive - so anger was a skill I used to avoid everything else.

Does that make any sence?