View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Chuck has disabled reputation
Classic Re: The spouses God gave us..

Almost 47 years ago I met a young lady at the USO in San Francisco. I was then a Sgt in the U.S. Marine Corps. We had a cup of coffee together and a lot of small talk that evening. I really thought nothing of it.. until I met her again at the Y.M.C.A. It was a dance ... She happened to be there with another Marine (as his date). Some months later that Marine was discharged and returned to Ohio. As it turned out I started dating that young lady.. and about 1 1/2 years later we were married.

45 years later she is the mother of my two daughters and grandmother to my four grand daughters. Behind every man is a better woman.. Believe it or not .. I think this to be very true.

My wife helped me complete my college and was there to pin on my gold bars when I was commissioned as a Mustang 2ndLt. For the next 14 years of my active duty she was always there.. with that little helping hand.. As I went up in rank she would invite other members in my unit and their families to our home for dinners and off duty outings.. She wanted everyone to know that we where human and friendy and that I was not the bad guy officers are made out to be.

Like a good military wife .. she knew when to help and when to stay in the background.. To this day she loves going to the Marine Corps Ball every year in San Francisco. We already have our tickets for this year .. well in advance.

I owe my career and life to my wife... Mary Lou...God Bless her..